Illume GSM widget question

Thomas Köckerbauer tkoeck at gup.jku.at
Mon Aug 11 00:53:07 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 11. August 2008 00:26:49 schrieb Holger Freyther:
> On Sunday 10 August 2008 23:19:46 Thomas Köckerbauer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I guess the question goes mainly to raster but I'm happy about replys
> > from others too :)
> >
> > I'm living near the German border in Austria and sometimes get a signal
> > from an Austrian network operator and sometimes from a German network
> > operator. If I'm connected to an German network operator calls are way
> > more expensive then they would be when I'm connected to my home operator.
> > The problem I have now is that there is nothing in the ASU UI where I can
> > see which operator I'm connected to.
>
> The Ad-Hoc DBUS interface also exports the registration status. It should
> say Home or Roaming if you ask for it.

This won't really work with my operator (yesss), it always reports that I am
roaming even if I am in my home network (They have their own net-code for
their sim cards (232-12) but use the "one" network (232-05)). This is also a
bit annoying for me because I also might get another useable (German) network
even if my "home" network would be available since both use roaming. For
something like that an option so select a preferred network would be nice.

> > (svn://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/illume) seems not to be the
> > right one (in misc-data/illume.edj there are references to the gsm icons
> > in illume.edc there are none). Where is the file misc-data/illume.edj was
> > created from? Is it missing in the repository or did I just look at the
> > wrong place?
>
> there is no illume.edc in svn. You can use edje_decc to decompile the .edj
> file and then work on that.

I did not know that, I will try that. Thanks.

Cheers,
Thomas