Openmoko Om 2008.8 Release

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 05:30:41 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 19:53 -0700, steve wrote:
> Good question.
>
> Here are the options.
>
> 1. Ship with 2007.2. Basicaly a dialer that works. bare bones phone.
> 2. Ship with Qtopia. A solid full featured smart phone.
> 3. Ship with OM2008.8  An alpha release of our future phone.

What are the plans for FSO?  Are there any issues with moving some of
its features into OM2008.8 - maybe integrate the OM2008.8 dialer with
the FSO phone server.

I think OM2008.8 may be a good choice because it allows use of both gtk
and qt apps and gives insight to where things are moving.  I would
suggest changing the gtk theme to something that doesn't mess up
visibility of rendering like it has and matches the rest of the theme
better (I have a theme if anyone wants it).  Plain qtopia doesn't use x
windows and you miss out on a bunch of good apps like tango.