No pin dialog/ qpe

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Aug 11 13:58:00 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 13:41 +0200, arne anka wrote:
> > If Qtopia is not allowed to search the SD card, it will not be able to
> > see/use files on it, so then why have it at all?
>
> wouldn't it be sensible to have some flag or checksum indicating that the
> card and it's content are unchanged, thus preventing unnecessary searching?
> i do not use qtopia, so if it's already done that way, ignore me ...

The flag you mean could be the modification date of the filesystem.
Placing an extra flag does not help. A copy of mp3 files with an other
program does not honor your flag but the filesystem stamps do. A
registry of media cards and modification dates could solve this. If
there is an id on the filesystem (like the uuid from an ext3) use this.
Otherwise the freerunner could create one and write it on the media. If
the freerunner then would check the id and the timestamp asking the user
to do some actions on change that would be heaven :)

my 2 cents

Norbert