What will be in GTA03?

Jan Luebbe jluebbe at lasnet.de
Tue Aug 12 01:03:48 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:15 +0200, Joachim Steiger wrote:
> Pritam, Ghanghas (IE10) wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I had put this wish list once but no one considered that I guess. Is it
> > that stupid? At least give your review guys.
> >
> > OMAP3530
> >     http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap3530.html

> nice chip.. basically.. but see this thread:
> http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=42144
> and try to find any specs or documentation about the included powerVR
> SGX530... have fun... its closed.

> in short: the whole 2d/3d accel in that chip would currently be useless
> for us.
>
> openmoko took opensource serious till now, pushing boundaries further
> where we could.
> we want debuggable architectures. means no binary drivers on the app
> cpu
> for anything for sure. not in userspace, and for sure not in the
> kernel.

I've got a beagle board with debian running on it now, i'll test the
video output when im back to germany. Judgeing what i've seen at
LinuxTag, the 2D performance is great even on 1280x720 (they had no
accelerated X running).

So using the OMAP3530 and leaving the 3D stuff unused seems to be an
option.

Jan