Freerunner with latest qtopia, poor GSM

Paul Buede paul at buede.com
Tue Aug 12 03:50:15 CEST 2008

Tim Erwin wrote:
>> Interestingly, I flashed with the 08/08/2008 qtopia release this
>> morning, from my opkg updated stock image, and also notice my signal is
>> weaker.
>>

> I am just using the stock image from qtopia, I haven't done any updating.
> I will do a update and see if I get the same problem. Do you know what
> packages where updated?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim

What I mean is, I had a stock OM build, that I had updated with opkg.
Then I went and flashed it with the two files in the qtopia package this
morning, that qtopia had just released.  I haven't tried to update it at
all after flashing with qtopia.  But I notice the reception seems
weaker, both in terms of how many bars I see, and how much spottier the
coverage is in places where it was fine yesterday.