What will be in GTA03?

Ben Wilson ben at abcom.co.nz
Tue Aug 12 03:51:33 CEST 2008

Most of the interesting things you can do with a built-in camera are not
practical if you need to
actually find and plug in a usb camera attachment every time you need
it. Not to mention how ugly they look.

A built-in camera is at the top of my wish-list for future GTAXX
products. There are so many
other things you can do with a camera than general pictures of people
and places.
    -bar code reading
    -facial recognition
    -Machine vision
    -3D environment mapping, (with multiple neos networked)
    -OCR
    And they are just a few.

I very much doubt adding a camera would cost the $200 you estimated, i
expect it would be more like $50 or less
(assuming standard cellphone lens quality).

But, to be honest, i think getting GTA02 stable as an
everyday-developer-phone is the most important thing right now.
There isn't much point adding more and more features if the current
phone/features can't be used reliably.

Ben.