Om2008.8 keyboard wishlist

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Tue Aug 12 22:02:39 CEST 2008

You can apt-get it under Debian and run it on the hardware.  It's pretty slow with the Xglamo server, and completely unusably slow with the xorg framebuffer server that you'll generally find on a Debian install.

Personally, though, I'm wondering what kind of development efforts would be required to have the option of using completely custom 'third party' (for lack of a better term) input-method software, so that I can just opkg remove official-keyboard; opkg install dasher-input  .. or something like that :)

As far as I know, if you're going to use illume/qtopia-x11 for launching software and making calls, then that's the keyboard you have, like it or not... and changing it means changing your window manager and such.

I'd like to be wrong about that, so someone please correct me if I am.