Om2008.8 comments and questions

Jason Hooper jhooper at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 23:34:50 CEST 2008

i think "basic stuff" is subjective.

for example, i just need :

1. send / receive phone calls
2. send / receive text messaging
3. battery life

but obviously this wont be the same for everyone.

1. i think almost everyone can agree on. so the sim card debacle was
an interesting hurdle early.

2. doesnt work in 2008.8 reliably while in sleep. does this weird
thing where the phone wakes up. no sound. and no message in the inbox.
but it definitely senses something. eventually it does show up at some
random point in the future, but i just have to know that theres a
message in there.

3. is absolutely terrible. thought it would last at least a night in
suspend. but it doesnt. so it wont ever even get to the alarm cause
the phone is dead. the persistent lightning bolt is obviously a
problem, but thatll get fixed eventually

i agree with you on contacts to a degree, but i only need name =>
number really. you sound like you have a lot of business contacts with
emails and fax and postals.

..