What could be done to improve the OM development process?

Jeffery Davis heavensblade23 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 00:05:14 CEST 2008

Two thoughts...

1. Instead of working on multiple concurrent software distributions, why
not try to rally everyone under one banner for a while?
People are going to work on what they want to work on to some degree,
but an attempt should be made at least.  Choice is great
and all, but in the beginning I'd rather have one option that works well
rather than three or four equally terrible options.  There's no need to
go running off in different directions when people still can't receive
calls reliably, among other issues.

2. Better communication between the development community and the end
user community.  I have yet to see anyone say they're pleased
as punch with the keyboard.  When almost everyone is unhappy, closing
bugs as 'working as intended' is pigheaded.