Ahah: and you released anyway ? - Re: [ Software Testing Report : 2008.08.07 ]

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Aug 13 12:55:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 12:25 +0200, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:
> It's easy to blame an announcement.

+10

> Openmoko NEVER said any software realeased as now was 100% ready for
> daily customer use.

I don't think that counts. This no excuse because people automatically
expect things. So you don't have to announce it as 100%. You have to
do it if it is not 100% to lower expectations and this would have been
a good idea if the post about the test results came before the release
announcement. Little strategic failure :)

So
-100

> When it will become, be sure the announcement and publicity will be
> far greater than anyone we had up to now.
>
> Keeping hope is good, but expecting what was never promised is
> disappointing, yes.
>
> For my part I will always encourage the GREAT team work that comes out
> from this community/open company association.
> Keep up the intense work, Openmoko!

+1000

still some cents left

Norbert