Ahah: and you released anyway ? - Re: [ Software Testing Report : 2008.08.07 ]

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Wed Aug 13 14:21:39 CEST 2008

Michele Renda <michele.renda at gmail.com> writes:

> This type of comments are the type of comment that I hate most of all.
>
> Please let the people to work in peace, and if you want to make an
> appoint, please make in a constructive way.
>
> We all was knowing that OM 2008.8 was in very early development, and no
> one force you to use it.
>
> People like you bring firms to have a close development process.

Please re-read
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/025619.html !

I'd have expected a release announcement saying that it was not ready,
because (as QA report exhibited) there were major problems, but that,
still, people who would like to help could test-drive it.

It was all like : "it's much better than 2007.2", which it wasn't for
serious reasons.

Hence my disappointment (which turned into anger, with the bugtracker
usage misunderstandings).

Again, this was a big frustration for all those who believed in what
was announced in the release message.

But I think I have made enough rant.

Be sure that this won't stop me from trying to be as constructive as I
can in other technical areas.

Lookin' forward for next batch of updates, and let's see if QA work is
more seriously taken into consideration before releasing, then.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www.olivierberger.com/weblog/