which updates for Om 2008.8 ?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Aug 13 15:30:20 CEST 2008

Harald Koenig wrote:
> in Om 2008.8  all feeds in /etc/opkg/ go to
>
>       http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/

Correct.  That is the Om2008.08 feed.

> is it ok to use
>
>       http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200808/YYYYMMDD/
>
> as update feed for Om 2008.8 ?

Absolutely not.  Buildhost does *not* build ASU/Om2008.08 packages.

We're still waiting for the Openmoko build team lead to make a decision
to fix this.  Building and making public packages that do not match with
your latest stable binary image simply doesn't make sense.

> if not, is there a recommended update feed for Om 2008.8 ?

http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/

There is *no* other feed location for Om2008.08 at the moment, and
Openmoko are *not* doing public daily builds of Om2008.08 ...

-- Rod (not associated with Openmoko, but with strong opinions on feeds)