What could be done to improve the OM development process?

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Wed Aug 13 18:37:11 CEST 2008

I don't know if I agree with the suggestions of this user, but since we're brainstorming, I have one thought :)

Discrete components should be managed as separate packages with separate project pages and information and repositories and bug trackers and such.  There's no reason for everything to be lumped together, especially if one of openmoko's stated goals is to facilitate user forking and contributions.

This is the way linux works in the PC world.  For example, binutils and bash are distributed separately, even though it would be hard to conceive of a system that needs one and not the other, and even though it's made by the exact same organization.  It could be the same situation with illume and qtopia-x11 too.

Aside from that I think they're doing a great job :)