tangospg and 2008.8 - gui not drawing

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:23:38 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

thanks for all your interest!!! I'm currently working like crazy and
have a huge mail backlog, so please be patient with me if I don't answer
in a timely manner.

As with any open source project, well written patches that solve a bug
are always welcome.

Example: Pavel Machek has sent a patch that allows to input the lat/lon
for a POI in serveral different formats in addition to the decimal. Cool
patch, easy to integrate, perfect! [appears in the next version]

Another example: some people sent me shell scripts for converting logs
into KML etc.  This is great too!

Reading and writing mails takes a lot of time and currently my time is
best spent developing the software.

Mailing list, public svn/git whatever will all come in due time.

Things that can be done right now:

      * translate - look into/google for the gettext documentation how
        to do this
      * spread the word, write in your blog, send me your pictures,
        install it on any
        linux/computer/eeePC/ubuntu/debian/gentoo/SUSE/mandriva/box you
        can get hold of
      *