Qtopia issues with 4.3.2-080808

Paul Buede paul at buede.com
Wed Aug 13 22:01:37 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Paul Buede wrote:
>
>> I am not sure the most appropriate place for this, so I will post my
>> issues here and take them elsewhere if there is a better place for them.
>>
>> I flashed with the qtopia-4.3.2-080808-rootfs-08081019.jffs2 and
>> uImage-2.6.24+git30+436204281bcd1fe5999ad6589ea7ab1b5360c352-r2-om-gta02.bin
>> files.
>>
>> 1.  Since then, as has been noted, my reception is not as good as it was
>> with the stock OM build.
>>

> odd. This most likely would have nothing to do with qtopia.

I cannot find libgsmd-tool on qtopia, is it there somewhere, or by a
different name? Then I could give you some real numbers... Oddly, when
the phone boots it has a lot more bars and then it quickly drops, and
then its super spotty. I also wonder if there is a way to restart the
gsm daemon or service without rebooting? I don't see anything in
/etc/init.d that jumps out at me as the right script.

Thanks!