which updates for Om 2008.8 ?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Aug 13 23:39:06 CEST 2008

steve wrote:
> Rod,
>
>  Our QA includes community feedback. If we release early particular elements
> in the community will slam us.
>  We expect that. If we hold back releases, other elements of the community
> will slam us.
>
>  So we expect to be slammed no matter what we do. Fun job ehh?
>
>  Armour plating is required.

Steve,

I have no problem with Openmoko having the sole right and responsibility
to determine the time and frequency of updates to the community.  That
is as it should be.  If a community member was more frequently updated
packages than what is provided by Openmoko, then they can easily build
them themselves.

What I do have a problem with is the current situation where buildhost
builds a daily feed of updates WHICH ARE INCOMPATIBLE with the latest
Openmoko Om2008.08 released image and which cause major confusion
amongst your customer base.

http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1809

Please fix that ticket.

-- Rod