Temporary testing and development feeds for ASU

Robert William Hutton rwh at helms-deep.cable.nu
Thu Aug 14 05:25:54 CEST 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:
> testing feeds:
> 	http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/all
> 	http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/armv4t
> 	http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/i686
> 	http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/neo1973
> 	http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/om-gta02

Holy moley, I just updated to testing and it looks like just about every
package on the system got upgraded!

Went fine apart from an error about a truncated libwebkit file, here's a
snippet of the upgrade output:

Configuring exquisite
  System startup links for /etc/init.d/exquisite already exist.
Configuring exquisite-themes
Configuring illume
Configuring illume-theme
update-alternatives: Linking
//usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/illume.edj to
/usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/illume-default.edj
update-alternatives: Linking
//usr/share/enlightenment/data/init/illume_init.edj to
/usr/share/enlightenment/data/init/illume_init-default.edj
Configuring libecore-con
/sbin/ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1.0.0 is truncated

/sbin/ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1 is truncated

Configuring libecore-evas
/sbin/ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1.0.0 is truncated

/sbin/ldconfig: file /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1 is truncated

Configuring every subsequent package throws up the same ldconfig errors.
  Not sure if this is serious or not.

First impression: Everything seems to work fine.  The most conspicuous
change is that the battery meter now shows when the device is not
plugged in (this is a result of the new kernel I suppose).  TangoGPS
still works and looks fine with my modified gtkrc.

Cheers,

Rob.