[qtopia on freerunner] - What files do I have to download?

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:42:28 CEST 2008

Still same questions on the same subject, and also with the new 2008.8
repository here / coming :

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:34, Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How is the image (from http://www.qtopia.net/modules/mydownloads/ :
> Qtopia flash image for FIC Neo Freerunner (gta02)) created ?
>
> It is said to be created from a rootfs from FSO.
> - why FSO ? (lighter maybe ?) Can we use another base rootfs ?
> - what is specific to qtopia image ? Qtopia is added, but what else is changed ?
> - is opkg upgrade safe ? (as I understand it will not update qtopia
> itself, but normally should not break it)

opkg is now using repositories on buildhost.
Will it then be pointing to 2008.8 repositories (with stable-testing-...) ?
Or will it have its own repositories ?
Or... both common repositories with 2008.8 and specific ones ?

About current release, except that now Qtopia 2008.8 installs some of
its qtopia package into /opt/qtopia, are 2008.8 repositories safe for
Qtopia distro ? (I would say no, but not sure...)

> It would be more practical if a rootfs package was downloadable
> directly (not only in jffs2)
> And on new releases is it possible to update only the qtopia
> directories, and the have the remaining of the rootfs updated via opkg ?

ok, now update binary released on qtopia.net alows updating without
using whole jffs2
Though maybe if there is a next version synced with 2008.8, rootfs
will need a global update, not via opkg ?
(or the coming Qtopia 4.4 will need such a rootfs manual update ?)