Qtopia issues with 4.3.2-080808

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:08:28 CEST 2008

2 differences I noted with 080808 release :

- WIFI :
It was annoted improved wifi handling... well I never managed to
connect to WPA encrypted wifi, so not much experience... but it became
even more difficult to configure for me :

I have difficulties to access "properties..." menu to configure.
It seems to be keeping trying to access unavailable or encrypted
network (failing), and does not offer to access properties (only "WLAN
detection...").
Just selecting the network service ("Wireless LAN") triggers an
attempt to connect ? So how to get to configuration without it trying
to connect (and blocking) ?

I may fail to understand the real logic of these screen, but anyway it
is not really intuitive.

- lock/supsend :
Back from suspend (via power button), if screen was locked, it is
automatically unlocked (was not the case before). Is it a feature or a
bug ?
And often, power button press to get back from suspend is also at the
same time interpreted to get to shutdown menu. (but it also happened
with previous version... and even if screen kept locked)