Qualcomm Snapdragon? (Re: Intel Atom )

Pritam Ghanghas lists4pghanghas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:25:23 CEST 2008

got some info on TI 3530 and beagleborad:

Que: video quality with only the openly available information and code?
Ans: The FFmpeg 720p demo was put together with all open source software.
        Video using the DSP is pending.

Que: how open will be the various interfaces and drivers
Ans: The DSP interface software hasn't been released to open source yet.
It is in the plan to provide them as open source, but they will be
provided as GPL in the kernel and TI proprietary licensing (partial
source) in the user space first.  The DSP-side portions, namely the TI
codecs, will still be closed source.

When the 2D/3D graphics drivers are released, only the kernel portions
will be GPL.  The user-space libraries will be closed source by the
current plan of record.

I guess this is good enough. I dont think we are getting anything more
with Glamo as well

our moko!!!!!!