GPRS working (somewhat) with T-Mobile and Freerunner

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Thu Aug 14 17:38:05 CEST 2008

2008/8/12 xaos x <xaos at xaositects.com>:
> I actually finally got it working by using the article from freeyourphone that uses the multiplexing package.
>
> http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=295&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=dda5c6cbf5850182c786488123f056ce
>
> It will receive calls and make calls while connected to GPRS using this setup.
>
> -Tom

Did you have to do anything special to get gsm0710muxd working?  I
have followed the directions at that page, but now qpe is crashing on
startup.  When I try to run gprson I get:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.pyneo.muxer was not provided by any .service files

I'm not sure if that means I'm missing a package, or maybe I misread
something.  Also, the gsm0710muxd package didn't contain an init
script, so I had to make one by hand, and perhaps I'm not passing the
right arguments.

Any tips on what you might have done above and beyond the article
would be great.

Thanks,

Nathan