GPRS under FSO [Was: Re: What could be done to improve the OM development process?]

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:20:30 CEST 2008

There are a bunch of manual steps right now:

  - openmoko-mediaplayer is hardcoded to use pulseaudio.  Switching to
alsa is a one-line change.
  - the mediaplayer theme files need to live in the Raleigh directory
not in Moko
  - There's some dependency on a openmoko sound system.  I don't know
what it does, or if it's needed.
  - I pulled packages out of my mokomakefile, and installed them using opkg
  - there are lots of pulseaudio dependencies to be removed, so I used
opkg --force-depends to install the mediaplayer package.

Some of the packages may be unnecessary / cause breakage.

My home server is down at the moment, so I don't have anywhere to stick
the modified binary...  I'll figure out what's going on with it and post
better directions and the binary tonight.

-Rusty