GPRS under FSO [Was: Re: What could be done to improve the OM development process?]

Benito Torres openmoko at mv.so36.net
Fri Aug 15 16:20:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 23:32 (-0700), Russell Sears wrote:
> The package I'm using (and dependency packages) is now up at
> http://hedora.ath.cx/moko/

Thanks!

Most dependencies I already had installed from the °angström-base-feed.
To install your mediaplayer-package I only had to change the
corresponding md5-sum in /var/lib/opkg/base.

Note that the player also works if openmoko-soundsystem2 is not
installed -- even better: no pulseaudio running saves quite some
CPU-cycles. I simply tried that as I didn't felt comfortable with
pulseaudio returning to my moko and so far it works for me. Only the GUI
is buggy and sometimes not responsive, but I suppose that's not related
to the sound output.

On the cpu-hogging: playing mp3s takes constantly ~30% (with and without
pulseaudio). But mplayer also uses 25%, while in OM2007.2 it was around
10%. So maybe this is not a mediaplayer-issue but one of the
sound-subsystem?

Cheers,
 /Ben