Adding libraries/packages to the toolchain using bitbake / openembedded

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Aug 15 16:51:36 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to build navit using the openmoko toolchain. The problem is
that it seems to require the libgps include files for gpsd support.
Ideally I'd like to add a package to the toolchain using a bitbake
recipe from the openmoko git repository. I have tried to find the
relevant documentation on the wiki, but have only found [1], which
seems to be an odd way (replicating all the work which went in to the
bitbake recipes). Can someone please explain how to add packages to the
installed toolchain using bitbake? I'll volunteer to document the
procedure on the Wiki as soon as it works for me.

Cheers,
	Florian

[1]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain#Installing_additional_libraries_into_the_toolchain