Alpha 2 Release of Accelerometer-based Gestures, and Screen Orientation

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Fri Aug 15 17:16:29 CEST 2008

>    Well, that might be an idea to use both accelerometers. Currently
>    (in
more is usually better than less ;-) I haven't yet looked at the machine
learning part of the recognition you do (I know that you described it in
your MS thesis I think), but doubling the number of features for
classification/detection should have only positive effects here -- those
features are not bogus and well correlated with each other, thus I would
expect significant boost in performance.
And taking the fact that recognition works quite well already with just
a single accelerometer is great news -- it means that with 2 it should
be just better ;-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]