Adding libraries/packages to the toolchain using bitbake / openembedded

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Aug 15 17:59:23 CEST 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008, Dale Maggee wrote:
> You may want to have a look at this earlier thread about Navit:
> I didn't manage to compile it in the end, but there are links to
> compiled versions there which I ended up using.
Thanks, I'm using the compiled packages, but I'd like to fix a few bugs
in navit.

> The short answer to your question appears to be that you need to
> install libgpsd or gpsd-devel on your machine, using whatever
> packaging tool your distro uses. The concensus seems to be that once
> you install this, the build process will find the file it needs
> without any fuss.
Well, I'd consider that...a hack, at best. What if the version of the
package does not match? What if I need to add a library which has not
yet been packaged? However, thanks for the tip!

The general issue is still up for discussion though. How can I add
packages / libraries to the toolchain? Could someone from the core
developers (or another OM build system expert) please explain?

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger