Adding libraries/packages to the toolchain using bitbake / openembedded

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Aug 15 18:05:21 CEST 2008

> Well, I'd consider that...a hack, at best. What if the version of the
> package does not match? What if I need to add a library which has not
> yet been packaged? However, thanks for the tip!

if that "hack" works, it means the build system is looking for headers and
so on in system wide pathes.
thus: the "hack" is either supposed to be the right way to do things or
the build system is rather broken ...

> The general issue is still up for discussion though. How can I add
> packages / libraries to the toolchain? Could someone from the core
> developers (or another OM build system expert) please explain?

according to the things above probably by setting the according variables
fpr configure, gccc and so on or by scanning the config-files for hard
coded pathes like /usr/include/.