Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Aug 16 11:31:22 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:22 PM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>> So now people, let's write a page that lists some cool (read:
>> recommended or so..) apps that you can run on debian here :)
>
> i am far more intersted to switch to a useful desktop manager and still to
> be able to use the phone part.
> at least i'd like to know how i do access installed applications, zhone
> only presents that four predefined buttons.

.. let me know if you find it out. Installing gdm and xfce4 would take
approx 85 megs, I only have 70 left after the installation on my
kit-512MB card (didn't wanto to empty 8GB one - especially when
there's been some sdhc io-reports..) so can't try it yet.

Any smaller alternatives that would make sense. General window manager
and a menu would be a good start and yes, being able to use phone apps
as well.