Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Aug 16 16:13:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 16.08.2008, 21:10 +1000 schrieb Carsten Haitzler:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:04:03 +0200 Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com>
> babbled:
> > What about Illume? Has it already been packaged for Debian? (Can't
> look it up
> > now, my installation just boots atm) I agree that using real desktop window
> > managers on the neo isn't a good idea... f.e. the taskbar wouldn't work well
> > on the portrait-oriented screen.
>
> illume is a module for e. e is in debian experimental right now, so as such
> it'd be a tiny stretch to use/add it. i intend to support illume formally as
> part of e soon enough, so it'd be viable and give you all the things you
> need/want.

Illume needs the latest enlightment libraries, so we can package it as
soon as the next e snapshot enters Debian. This will happen after the
CVS→SVN change of e, AFAIK.

Until then, you can use the AUX button to fire up a keyboard and then
press Alt-Ctrl-X to get an xterm and Alt-Tab to switch between
application. This is all a Debian user needs, right :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner