Navit questions...

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Sat Aug 16 20:24:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

I got installed navit and after some tries I got the correct
germany.bin file by downloading it with a wget -O germany.bin ...
quicklink.

For a brief feedback: Very good !

A longer 'play with it': There is many times eaten much cpu time by
navit when a route was or is calculated. Is this a known problem ?

If navit needs to calculate a big route, isn't it good to display a
hint window or a status message instead leaving the user unknown and let
even the whole GUI stay blocked like with a message box when tapping
on the screen and let the calculations done in a background thread ?

It seems that this comes also into play when the position is changed,
thus a recalculation would propably triggered ?

I am also a programmer, but this seems to be a untrivial issue for a
newbie for that code.

Thanks

Lothar

--
Lothar Behrens			|Rapid Prototyping ...
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2	|XSLT Codegeneration