touch screen driving me nuts!

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Sun Aug 17 07:19:11 CEST 2008

My wife would argue that it is more of a putt than a drive... however,
my touchscreen is having some serious issues.

To demonstrate the problem, I created a 480x640 image with seven
straight lines running across the screen, I installed mtpaint on my
freerunner and attempted to trace the (blue) reference lines in red (I
used a straight edge, so this isn't just my normal inability to draw a
straight line freehand). I made three passes over each line to show the
repeatability. The result is here:

http://www.millions.ca/~stacy/neoFreeRunner/touchscreen.png

with window decoration etc, the top line is not visible so there are no
trace lines for it.

Trying to dial a phone number or use the on screen keyboard is an
exercise in frustration.

Anybody have any suggestions for what the problem might be or what else
I could do to try and debug this?

-stacy