Right mouse button xorg-input-tslib patch (tap+hold)

Sebastian Ohl sebastian+ml.openmoko-community at ohl.name
Sun Aug 17 12:16:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 18:06 +0200, Sebastian Ohl wrote:
> as i told joachim, i will think about that. i cannot be so hard to
> implement the logic, but the hard part would be to get it stable(not in
> the way of code quality but in to get deterministic bias free results)
second try. now it you don't need the aux key anymore. just tap for .5
seconds in the same region (+-4px) to produce a right button click. the
main advantage is that this patch is hardware indendent, so it can be
included in any phone distro not just the openmoko ones.

the only thing i don't like about is that there is no "visual
timeout"(on my motorola ming there is a circle drawing around my curser
while the timeout exprires). does anyone have any idea how to accomplish
that? i don't have enough expriance in xorg driver programming and the
docs are not very helpful(at least the ones i found).

Sebastian