Navit patch for faster map dragging

Christian Anke carcinoma at gmx.net
Sun Aug 17 14:00:13 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 17 August 2008 12:22:45 schrieb Florian Hackenberger:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to submit a patch for navit, which changes the map dragging
> rendering method for the gtk interface (which is used on the Neo).
> Before the patch navit rerendered the map on each drag increment, which
> was too slow on the neo. Now it simply repositions the rendered pixmap
> and does the rendering of the map as soon as the drag is finished. In
> addition the text rendering has been improved a bit (there is still
> room for improvement though, i.e. caching rendered glyph bitmaps).
> Please find two patches attached: The patch for the navit source (as of
> SVN revision 1255) and a openembedded patch, which changes the
> buildsystem to build from SVN. For your convenience I uploaded an ipk
> to:
>
> http://www.acoveo.org/navit_0.1.0+svnrev1255-r0_armv4t.ipk
>
> Cheers,
> 	Florian

Nice work, with this the location search also works for me.

a little thing: in om 2008.8 the installer say:
root at om-gta02:/media/card/apps# opkg install navit_0.1.0\+svnrev1255-r0_armv4t.ipk
Multiple packages (navit and navit) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (navit and navit) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
Upgrading navit on root from 0.0.4-r0 to 0.1.0+svnrev1255-r0...
Collected errors:
 * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for navit:
         *  gtk+ (>= 2.12.11) *  libcairo2 (>= 1.6.4) *  libglib-2.0-0 (>= 2.16.4) *  libfreetype6
(>= 2.3.6) *  libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.2.1) *

a opkg list_installed | egrep "gtk\+|libcairo2|libglib|libfreetype6|libdbus" say:
gtk+-fastscaling - 2.10.14-r2 -
libcairo2 - 1.4.10-r0 -
libdbus-1-3 - 1.1.20-r2 -
libdbus-glib-1-2 - 0.74-r0 -
libfreetype6 - 2.3.5-r2 -
libglib-2.0-0 - 2.16.1-r4 -

i installed with -nodeps (hopefully, it will work as it should). But, how can i solve
these deps?

 Carci