full-keyboard for Om 2008.08? -> SOLVED ?

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Sun Aug 17 19:01:29 CEST 2008

2008/8/17 Geoff Ruscoe <gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com>:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Andreas Hennig <hennig.a at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> I dont have the file
>> /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/Full-QWERTY.kbd
>
> So I have the 2008.08
>
> Then I upgraded the packages using  Zeche's builds:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download#Unofficial_builds_by_zecke
> I went with testing which should be more stable than development (I
> believe)...
>
> I upgraded to do the gprs mux:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_GPRS#Option_1:_With_GSM_multiplexing_and_with_a_GUI)
>
> And this is working great.  Then I decided I better get the qwerty keyboard
> going.
>
> However, after upgrading all of the packages from above two steps I no
> longer have the file:
> /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/Full-QWERTY.kbd
>
> So, backing up this file is kind of step 1 in the process found at:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Keyboard#Using_the_Full_Qwerty_keyboard
>
> So three things...
> 1) I hope these links and tying this information is helpful to someone  I
> know I am much happier with my freerunner now, ymmv...
> 2) I think you may want to backup your files and do the keyboard before the
> other two steps...
> 3) Can anyone provide me with the Full_QUERTY.kbd file?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> -Geoff

I was bitten by this same issue of the Full-QWERTY.kbd file getting
blasted by the updates described at the link you reference above
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Keyboard#Using_the_Full_Qwerty_keyboard),
and in fact just yesterday I posted a note about this on a page I'm
keeping at my site where I jot notes about fixing or improving my
Freerunner: http://natha.nkinka.de/openmoko.

In any case, I got the Full-QWERTY.kbd file back by simply downloading
the tar-gzipped files for the 2008.8 release and cherry picking it
from there: http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8/Om2008.8-gta02-20080808.rootfs.tar.gz

Nathan