Debian help - XFCE

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Aug 17 23:42:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 17.08.2008, 18:38 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Ohl:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 18:15 +0200, arne anka wrote:
> > thanks for the fast work -- but it seems to damage calibration.
> > in the upper left corner stylus and pointer are at the same position, but
> > the more i go towards lower right, the greater the gap betwen the pointer
> > position and the position i tap.
> > when in the lower right corner, the pointer is at maybe 2/3.
> i had the same problems. simply download
> http://pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org/freerunner/pointercal and cat it again
> in /etc/pointercal. i don't know why there is a version for fso and
> non-fso ... i thought that the calibration data should be independent of
> the framework.

The tslib driver in Debian has a calibration bug[1] that can be worked
around by using the linked pointercal file. By now (well, sometime last
week), we have added a fixed version to the pkg-fso repository, now the
original pointercal (pointercal-fso) works.

Judging from your version number at
http://www.ohli.de/download/xserver-xorg-input-tslib_0.0.4-5 +fso2_armel.deb
you based your changes on our fixed version, so I’m surprised that
people have to use the work-around-pointercal file.

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner