Navit patch for faster map dragging

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Mon Aug 18 08:22:36 CEST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008, you wrote:
> You should never set DEFAULT_PREFERENCE to -1 on an already working
> recipe, just because you added a better svn recipe.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'm new to bitbake and found that to be
the only difference between the 0.0.4 and svn bitbake files and
therefore concluded that this setting will select the preferred
version.

> In addition to this, since you modified the recipe, you should have
> changed PR = "r0" to PR = "r1".
> It is a common occurrence for there to be multiple working versions
> of a recipe in OE.
> Use PREFERRED_VERSION and sane-srcrevs.inc to select between
> alternative working versions and prefer one for a specific
> distribution.
Please feel free to adapt the bitbake patch before committing it to git
and forgive my ignorance :-) I was merely trying to get a working ipk
for myself. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try harder next time!

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger