QTopia and WiFi

julien cubizolles j.cubizolles at free.fr
Mon Aug 18 09:41:57 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 15 août 2008 à 22:20 +0200, Cédric Berger a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 20:22, Jim Morris <ml at e4net.com> wrote:
> > Anyway bottom line is does work.
> >
> > --
>
> Thanks, I'll try again....
> Well I manage to have it say "connected", but have no network
> access...

I experience the same behaviour
> Did you set anything, such as DNS server manually  (in config files...) ?

I get the resolv.conf correctly configured by my router (freebox) but in
my latest attempt with an open wlan (McDonalds) it wasn't set. I'm
keeping the address in a file somewharer now to manually set it if need
be.

However I think there a routing conflict between usb0 and eth0 (the wifi
interface) : both are default gateways. For me ifconfig usb0 down when
wifi is enabled fixes it.

Julien.