FSO vs. OM2008.8

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Aug 18 11:21:15 CEST 2008

> I wonder whether to use FSO or OM2008.8 on my freerunner. What are the

fso is rather a design study -- it's intended to be a vehicle to develop a
framework which applications might use to communicate with each other and
the device.
right now there's not much more but phone, sms, contacts and a gps
application.

for the merger: shr attempts to reach that goal, i don't know if there's a
release already.

for the time being 2008.8 might be the better choice -- it offers the same
functionality as fso but a lot of additional applications, too.