Navit language?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 18 13:38:15 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

i want to change the default language in which navit speaks to german
but i don't find the necessary config for this. I use rev 1255 with map
move speed patch and everything (else) works fine. :)

Now i tried a simple "export LANG=de_DE" and started navit but this
seems to have no effect at all. I also installed the package
"navit-locale-de" for this purpose.

I see that in the source tree within the directory "po" all the language
files exist. I also changed the navit.xml entry for the speech engine to
"spd-say -l de '%s'" which pronounces the sentences the german way. But
the sentence strings still comes in english to the speech engine.

I tried to find the needed information in the navit wiki, but i only
found the needed changes to the speech entry in the navit.xml. But this
entry just changes the way the sentence is spoken, not the language
navit reports the sentences. :(

Can anybody say me where the option to change the language is?
Or must it be compiled with the wanted language and it can't be changed
afterwards?

Ciao,
     Rainer