full-keyboard for Om 2008.08? -> SOLVED ?

Marcel "MadJo" de Jong mdejong at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:29:32 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:01:29 -0700 "Nathan Kinkade" <nath at nkinka.de>
> babbled:
>
> the info on the wiki is mostly misleading when it comes to the keyboard
> and
> what to do or how it works. beware. i need to write up a full list of all
> the
> things illume can do, does and what you are currently limited in (and what
> you
> can hack around with but you'll be entering "world of hurt" area etc.).
> Terminal.kbd is what i renamed it too. as its really intended for use with
> "terminals". default is the default kbd - more for the default use of the
> phone... "plain english" (sms, email etc.).

Indeed, I too found out that the keyboard in default 2008.8 is only "plain
english", but I'm Dutch, and most of my texts would be in Dutch as well. So
that makes that keyboard less than functional for me.

BTW, as a test, I tried to type "Laporte" with the keyboard, since I heard
from Leo Laporte that on the Iphone his name was very hard to type. And it
seems that it's just impossible to type it on the Openmoko 2008.8 stock
keyboard.

I'm also going to test how to work with the keyboard when in a terminal
mode, since I'm yet to be able to hit enter after entering a command.
(typing the command works, but then pressing enter to execute it has yet to
function for me) I could be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure.

===

Marcel de Jong