stupid guy! thinks it's a train wreck!

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 19:23:51 CEST 2008

If you're referring to "lin2log" in the YouTube comments, then I
don't think that's the guy who made the video. The video itself shows
the name "Dave Freyam" when it opens, and he posted the video
elsewhere about a week before that link was uploaded to YouTube.

I don't think Freyam's done a fair review of the Freerunner, but I do
credit him with more intelligence than that displayed by "lin2log".
The comments that I attribute to Freyam seem to mostly have been
posted using a nick / username of KirrinDave, and they're at least
grammatically correct.

 From my interaction with Freyam, he seems mostly to be responding to
the FSF article which disses the iPhone and offers Openmoko / the
Freerunner as a potential alternative. I might speculate that one of
Freyam's buddies or office-mate's bought a Freerunner on the basis of
this, and he feels short-changed because he wasn't aware of the
Freerunner's development status at the time of purchase. To be
completely fair to him if you go tot he Openmoko.com online store [1]
[2] there's no indication that the Freerunner is anything less than a
completed (and fully-polished) product.

Stroller.

[1] http://www.openmoko.com/product.html
[2] http://us.direct.openmoko.com/products/neo-freerunner