stupid guy! thinks it's a train wreck!

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Mon Aug 18 22:09:44 CEST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 16:01:17 Lorn Potter wrote:
> Brad Midgley wrote:
> > Hey
> >
> > He did bother to make a video. It doesn't seem like he's using the
> > time to just rip on OM, but he is bringing up specific issues.
> >
> > The screen really is too small to finger-tap a keyboard so it's
> > unfortunate he's fixating on that particular issue (well maybe a
> > redesigned keyboard would work in landscape mode...)
>
> I happen to think that Qtopia's predictive keyboard does really well for
> using with a finger. The screen is not too small.

I agree.  I think the issue is that people don't realize it's a finger keyboard.  I showed it to my friends at work and they said "That's really small!" and they laughed, having just bragged about their iphone.. and then I typed in their names in about 1 second each and it dawned on them that it's small on purpose.

It's also not immediately evident that you can hold a letter and type words that aren't in the dictionary.

Perhaps this calls for little tooltips for new users.

--
Daniel Benoy
http://daniel.benoy.name