stupid guy! thinks it's a train wreck!

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 19 02:33:35 CEST 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2008 22:09:44 Daniel Benoy wrote:
>
>> I agree.  I think the issue is that people don't realize it's a finger
>> keyboard.  I showed it to my friends at work and they said "That's really
>> small!" and they laughed, having just bragged about their iphone.. and then
>> I typed in their names in about 1 second each and it dawned on them that
>> it's small on purpose.
>>
>> It's also not immediately evident that you can hold a letter and type words
>> that aren't in the dictionary.
>>
>> Perhaps this calls for little tooltips for new users.
>
> Yes, that is the only downside of this keyboard. The gestures and features are
> not easy to discover. But besides that I can write SMS and names during a
> ride with the public transportation (bus) easily.

There should be 'help' for the input method. There are only a few gestures to learn, and once you
learn them, it's easy. Easier than learning to ride a bike, but being difficult to learn never
stopped most people from learning to ride...

:)

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company