full-keyboard for Om 2008.08? -> SOLVED ?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 19 02:56:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:29:32 -0700 (PDT) "Marcel \"MadJo\" de Jong"
<mdejong at gmail.com> babbled:

> Indeed, I too found out that the keyboard in default 2008.8 is only "plain
> english", but I'm Dutch, and most of my texts would be in Dutch as well. So
> that makes that keyboard less than functional for me.

in ASU (2008.08) you hav the qtopia keyboard - not illume. they are
surprisingly similar in default mode. illume's has 2 menus (top left/right)
top-left is for selecting word matches and changing dictionary files, the
top-right for selecting keyboard layout. slide down for enter, up to switch
layouts left for backspace and right for "finish word, select default match and
add a space". that's illume's keyboard and it's used in FSO. 2008.08 is another
matter.

(illume's keyboard allows you to create your own custom layouts, add lots of
keys with accented characters, write your own flat-files for dictionaries etc.).

so the problem is there is a huge volume of confusion regarding "keyboards"
right now.