FSO: how to disable zhone screen locking?

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 19 06:03:53 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 00:57:01 schrieb Craig B. Allen:
>> I've been using FSO milestone 2 and liking it.
>>
>> Is there a setting to disable the zhone screen locker?  If I want to
>> lock I can just press the Aux button.
>
> You can specify the timeouts in seconds /etc/frameworkd.conf, e.g.:
>
> [idlenotifier]
> IDLE_DIM = 10000
>
> Since we just integrated illume though, it could be that illume still tries to
> blank the screen after a while. I don't know offhand how to configure Illume.
>
> The general problem is that Illume does not really talk with the middleware
> yet (another artefact of that is that you still see carrier name and signal
> strength being painted by Zhone, instead of illume, where it should belong
> to). We're going to fix all of this hopefully until ms3.

It sounds like he's tired of pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 to answer the phone,
not worried about the screen dimming....

The attached patch to zhone disables its screen locker by making it drop
the incoming dbus signal.  Since it's written in python, I applied it
directly to my phone, then restarted zhone.

Is there a better way to configure zhone than editing its source? ;)

-Rusty