Debian - alsa sound ?

Peter Schwenke peter at bluetoad.com.au
Tue Aug 19 12:47:25 CEST 2008

Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> * Sebastian Ohl:
>> i tried to turn my gta02 into a musicplayer on the debian distro. does
>> anyone managed to get any sound out of it ? i see that the alsa modules
>> are loaded and the alsamixer says every volume value is at its maximum.
>> so what am i doing wrong by calling mpg321 <file>.mp3 . the player says
>> it is playing but there is no sound not from the speaker nor from a
>> headset i pluged in.
>>
>> any suggestions what i'm doing wrong?
>
> Have you tried
>
> alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/stereoout.state restore

I've managed to get sound using that (actually
/usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/stereoout.state) with an ogg/vorbis file
in totem and gstreamer on it's own (i.e. gst-launch playbin
uri=file:///root/audio.ogg).

gst-launch is available via the gstreamer-tools package.

BTW video sort of plays with those, as well.

                                                    ...Peter