Acoustic Position Measuring Device

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:16:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 17:09, Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think main problem is microphone sensitivity/speaker strength.
> Hard to get over noise.
> But I am curious to know to what point this could work !

mmm.... and probably also reflections caused by objects closer than
the one to mesure (even within the phone itself). Even more since the
speaker is not directional. And it is difficult not to have other
objects in range ! (operator,....)
This problem is solved for the OLPC example, if there is 2 laptops.
(first sound received is ok for measurement, any other reflection
comes later).