Acoustic Position Measuring Device

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 19 19:14:16 CEST 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 16:49, Charles Pax <charles.pax at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a few questions
>> 1) Are the any technical obstacles to this idea?
>> 2) What is the frequency range of the speaker?
>> 3) What is the frequency range of the microphone?
>> 4) Any other comments of ideas?

Instead of a second FR ($$$), or reflected sound (hard), why not use the
a headset plugged into the FR as a second speaker / mic?  The FR speaker
makes a click, the headphone mic picks it up.  This also solves some of
the time synchronization problems.

The other way might work too, especially if you have a loud set of
headphones, and a poor / no external mic.

Once bluetooth headsets is working, you might even be able to measure
couches, depending on jitter.

-Rusty