USB keyboards "silent" in terminal (FSO)

Benito Torres openmoko at mv.so36.net
Tue Aug 19 21:44:05 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 20:57 (+0200), Benito wrote:
> I dare to jump in as I have the same problem.

Just found this: http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1796
(see Message-ID: <48AB1688.9060005 at gmx.net> on this list).

And this:
http://downloads.openmoko.org/framework/milestone2/updates/armv4t/xserver-kdrive-glamo_1.3.0.0+git4147f80c0bfedaff7749bccbd1e1d566dee0e04c-r7_armv4t.ipk
On my FSO-system there's
1:1.3.0.0+gita51364e2f23d4b6331c5ed613ce3f7e15f8e540f-r6 installed,
which according to the git-commit-dates is older than the afore
mentioned ipk. For some reason the ipk is not included in the
fso-arm4vt-feed.

After installation of the newer package and a reboot I had to find that
this sadly doesn't help with my keyboard-problem. I'll try a real
usb-keyboard (without that usb<->ps/2-converter) before complaining
further, but as both mice (usb and ps/2) now work (funny thing without a
cursor :) I suppose the additional converter is not the problem.

So for now there's more light shed on the issue but the story
continues...

Cheers,
 /Ben