Navit patch for faster map dragging

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 20 05:04:51 CEST 2008

>>> these * look odd. did you put them in  there or are the really from
>>> navit?
>>>
>> The problem is that the navit package contains only so.0.0.0 libs and .so.0
>> symlinks - navit trys to open the libs with a simple .so
>>
>> Broken package.
>>
>> Flo
>>

> changing navit.xml from
>
> <plugin path="$NAVIT_LIBDIR/*/${NAVIT_LIBPREFIX}lib*.so"/>

> <plugin path="$NAVIT_LIBDIR/*/${NAVIT_LIBPREFIX}lib*.so*"/>
>
> solves this for me (it starts)
>
>  Carci

Yep, this works, thanks! :)

I'm now seeing a message telling me: WARNING **: gps_open failed for
'gpsd://localhost'. Retrying in 10 seconds. Have you started gpsd?

so I tried:
root at om-gta02:/usr/share/navit# /etc/init.d/gpsd start

and got:

Starting gpsd: No  GPS device, aborting gpsd startup. Check
/etc/default/gpsd

with a bit more investigation, the AGPS Gui works just fine, as does GPS
Sight (although I have to run AGPS Gui and get a fix before running GPS
Sight), but TangoGPS is saying "No GPS Found". I can cat /dev/ttySAC1
and I get data... have I broken it somehow? Any thoughts?

to OP: This patch is great! scrolling is *MUCH* faster! Great work! :)

-Dale